Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 17, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (HORROR, THE LAST CITY DEADLINE FOR A SCIENTIFIC MIND) (10,11,12,15,17 COMBINED)

2010-04-17
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides

For today's prompt, write a science poem. Science encompasses a lot, so your poem doesn't have to be scientific to still be a science poem. For instance, you could have a poem titled something like "The Science of Love," and then examine a relationship. Voila! A science poem! Of course, it'll be interesting to see how many poets talk about volcanoes and single cell organisms, not to mention finding out how many "mad scientists" are out there.

Something I'm working on

Day 10 Horror Day 11 the last blank Day 12 city Day 15 deadline poem Day 17 science

HORROR, THE LAST CITY DEADLINE FOR A SCIENTIFIC MIND

The Scientific Mind Asks?
I'm empty, but filled with these words like

Where does your mind start and your soul begin?
Music and lyrics
Crosses our souls
Reaches through time and space
To that moment.
Then we laugh, cry, or just smile
For the Moment Captured!

Do the memories of the self, produce a life?
Our fingerprints won't fade on the lives' we have touched
As she passes the waiter he spins around,
She gently stops him with her palm against his chest,
He grabbed her hand, asking
"Do you care to dance?"
She replied "only the tango, on a full moon lit night"
She smiles, he grins the moment is fades.
“Color My World” Cousin Lauren playing her flute,
Eyes closed, I am there again.

Why would it turn out to have Horror woven within it?
Many Prayers
Say as many prayers as you want,
But at 86 she's almost shinning the gates with her breath
As She sits in a medical bed in middle of my dining room

Is the home where the physical body lives?
I have landed on the island of the misfit toys.
Or the last city you lived in?

Why across the street I had a dream, and my dreams are always across the street?
Like the strobe of the cursor, lulling you to sleep past your deadline
Always seeing the same time each night 4:23AM
Or the river of life catapulting (ME /YOU)
Onto the rocky estuary before the entrance of the sea of eternity.

Is a deadline where we expire?
It appears we have a problem of some magnitude
Our dead are demanding

Will we travel faster without armor?
Yes because I have immortalized you in words
Which are memorized and taught to dissolve once they hit my tongue?
I have been told I am logorrhea, Chatty Kathy that’s me

No comments:

Post a Comment