Monday, April 19, 2010

APRIL 19, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (JOHN'S UNAWARE)

2010 APRIL 19

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides


For today's prompt, write a poem about somebody and be sure to include the person's name in the title of your poem (no reason to hide the person's identity here). Write a poem about Abraham Lincoln, Emily Dickinson, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, your next door neighbor, your child, or the person standing behind you. I guess you could even technically write a poem about yourself (just make sure you include your name in the title).

John's Unaware


I lay very still as the
Illumination of the digital clock
Swallows another minute.
I hear his breath
Begin to rumble and roar
Into that old familiar snore.
I touch the tip of his nose
Feather-like and he stirs
And again the snoring is broken
For only a short time
As I lay next to him
He knows not of my sleepless nights
I dare not move
For fear I would awaken him
He knows not of the anxiety attack
That has gripped my soul
He just snores.

No comments:

Post a Comment