Friday, April 30, 2010

APRIL 30, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (LET ME GO)

this was written about my 2nd husband (I don't do husbands well) just before we were divorced, thought I would share this.


Let Me Go


I see no resolution
I feel no more
I place the cold steel blade
Against my wrist
It glides easily on my soft skin
One long horizontal slice
It runs like crimson paint
Spats upon the dirty white floor
My mind becomes quiet
As I watch my life flow
Over the dirty life I've led
I become sleepy
I am peaceful
For the first time in my life

I am waiting
Death to kiss
Me,
Hello
Bringing me to the World beyond

My husband screams and disses
Me again

I am awake
I do feel
I have done nothing
Except lose my life
By entwining it with his

It's mine to lose
I am gone
I am so gone
Let me go!

No comments:

Post a Comment