Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 16, 2010 POEM A DAY (RABBITS AND DEATH)

2010-04-16
http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides


Maybe it's a little too close to tax day, but today's prompt is to write a death poem. You can write about a specific death or consider death as an idea. In the tradition of Emily Dickinson (and other poets), you could even address Death as an entity. Or you can surprise us with a different spin on the subject.

Rabbits & Death

I came across an emerald green field
And happened to fall into a hole
Where Alice's rabbit bit my ass
So I had to chase him through
This illuminating tunnel
Where the one eyed Jack,
Kissed the black Ace of Spades
And caused the sentence of disgrace
The court was held in that same field
Where I had fallen
In love with a Black Ace
And found myself sentenced
To a living death.

No comments:

Post a Comment