Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 14, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (BACK WASH ISLAND)

2010-04-14

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides


For today's prompt, take the phrase "(blank) Island," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write the poem. You could do a well-known island, such as "Treasure Island," "Ellis Island," or "Total Drama Island." Or you could make up the name of an island. Or you could even have a long drawn out title, such as "You'll never get me on an island" or "If I were on a deserted island."

Back Wash Island

The backwash of the Atlantic waves
Washes over my size ten foot
Hunched over, gazing upon
The gifts the wave carries in.
I walk along the beach
In silent contemplation
Collecting the treasures
And ocean’s discards.
Peace and tranquility are the sounds
Cooing and caressing the shore.
The ocean’s natural gifts given freely,
As the back wash of the Atlantic waves
Washes over my size ten foot
As it silently cleanses my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment