Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 4, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (HISTORY TEACHER) (2ND RESPONSE)

2010-04-04

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides

For today's prompt, write a history poem. This could mean a poem about your country's history, the history of an event or a tool, or even your own personal history. Hey, you could even write about the history of a relationship. The history of everything is fair game. Have fun!

HISTORY TEACHER

I had history teaches
To drool for:

I had a 60 peace throw back
Wishing him a witch’s spell.

I had a pre- yuppies, Hippie
conscience on the Earth, not her children.

I had a 70’s Rocker
Teaching history with examples of the Beatles.

I had a tight-wade
With a Punctuality complex

I had a jean wearing, open,
White, buttoned down shirt

I had a blue eyed muscle man
Who sat crossed leg on the

History teacher’s desk!
Ahhhh History!

To be again,
Knowing then

What I have learned until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment