Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 4, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (OBSCURE PASSING OF ECHOING TIME)

2010-04-04

For today's prompt, write a history poem. This could mean a poem about your country's history, the history of an event or a tool, or even your own personal history. Hey, you could even write about the history of a relationship. The history of everything is fair game. Have fun!

Obscure Passing of Echoing Time

As white rivers quietly
Rush in tandem,
Abandoned in a time forgotten
Captured in the sins of the mother
Forever disconnected
In the echoing time
Of then of now?

As I look into the blue gray sky
When the pinks and mauves
Of sunset has faded
And the darkness
Has yet arrived,
Staring up passed the blue spruce
Which have been here before I
And I shall leave before them.

The top most branches
Stilled defined before
Darkness swallows the
Last breath of daylight.

High above tiny white and red
Lights blink
A jet passes, with no sound,
Darkness breathes
Covering the world.

I am disconnected
As I witness the birthing
Of the first evening star.

Echoing to me
The obscure passing of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment