Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 3, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (CREATION OF SHAHENDA)

2010-04-03

 For today's prompt, I want you to take the phrase "Partly (blank)," replace the blank with a word or phrase, make that the title of your poem, and then write the poem. For instance, your poem might be titled "Partly Cloudy," "Partly Crazy," "Partly Out of Touch," or whatever.

Creation of Shahenda

I am partly the moon
From the radiance of the sun

I am partly the earth
From the quenching of the rain

I am partly the sun
From the gravitation of the Galaxy

I am partly the water
From the winds of the atmosphere

I am partly the plant
From the photosynthesis of light

I am partly the daughter
From a father unknown

I am partly the sister
From siblings of others

I am partly the wife
From the desires of other

I am partly the maid
From the needs of gaggle

I am partly the chief
From the lust of taste

I am partly the painter
From the scenes that haunt me

I am partly green
From the found object collages created

I am partly the word
From the poetry I weave

I am partly myself
From the world around me

No comments:

Post a Comment