Sunday, April 18, 2010

APRIL 9, 2010 POEM A DAY CHALLENGE (FREE SPIRIT)

2010-04-09

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides

For today's prompt, write a self-portrait poem. Other artists study themselves to create compositions (not all of them exactly flattering either), so it is only natural that poets, who are word artists, write self-portrait poems from time to time. In fact, some poets make self-portrait poetry "their main thing." For at least today, make it yours.

Free Spirit

I am the soul that belongs
To no one and everyone simultaneously

I am that being, that is
Inhaled and exhaled

As easily as all require oxygen
I am the seer of the fortune,

Like the sunken Titanic
Seeing all and giving nothing

I am the wild gypsy
Dancing with No spotlight

As the full moon hides
Behind a heavy veil of clouds

I am that free spirit
Mother always warned you about!

No comments:

Post a Comment